Aromatherapy has been around since ancient times dating as far back as the Egyptians and Hippocrates. So the practice of Aromatherapy and using aromatherapy products is far from new. Aromatherapy has gained much attention recently and has increased in popularity with products that include natural skin care products, aromatic bath salts, natural body lotions or body moisturizers, herbal salves, massage oils and roll ons.
For those of you new to Aromatherapy, it is the use of 100% pure essential oils or essential oil blends to help influence one’s mood, emotions, or physical wants or needs. It is often used to compliment numerous other alternative healing modalities and can help in the body’s ability to heal itself by supplying the body with an oil’s energy. Aromatherapy is unique because the essential oils have the ability to affect our bodies instantly through our sense of smell and through our skin bypassing our digestive system.
Some common therapeutic properties of essential oils include analgesic, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, antiviral, deodorant, decongestant and expectorant, stimulant, and nervine. It is easy to see how adding 100% pure therapeutic essential oils to products like bath salts, massage oils, natural skin care products and natural body lotions can be so effective.
Creating Custom Blends
Creating aromatherapy blends, herbal salves, natural body lotions, and natural skin care products is one of my favorite things to do! I enjoy it so much that I have completed my education and am now a Professional Level II Certified Aromatherapist through NAHA, the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapists.
We work with many individuals helping them to create their own custom blend or personal care product. Many customers come in with recipes they want to try and have us make them so they do not have to purchase all the ingredients themselves! There are also many applications to choose from as well. We can create almost any product including roll on perfumes, body sprays, room sprays, aroma inhalers, aromatic roll ons, body lotions, bath salts, salves or balms. We would be happy to schedule an aromatherapy consult with you to assist you in selecting what essential oils may help you depending on your needs and which smells attract you.
If you have any of the below concerns, you may find a custom essential blend helpful:
- Pain Relief
- Improved Sleep
- Improved Mood
- Improved Energy
- Sore Muscles
- Improved Relaxation
- Improved Peace of Mind
For more information on Aromatherapy you can view the following:
- Article from the NY Times on Aromatherapy Blending Bars, specifically talking about an upper class naturopathic spa in the Hamptons, I bet you didn’t know you have one in Decatur, Indiana.
- Energy Wellness Newsletter on Aromatherapy
- Article on Aromatherapy Science, “Does it really work”
- Nobel Prize and the Olfactory System.
AskMara Aromatherapy and Natural Skin Care Products
Energy Wellness Center is happy to offer aromatherapy blends and herbal salves made with 100% pure essential oils created by Mara, from her home to yours! AskMara Aroma Products are handmade by Mara and include natural skin care products, natural body lotions, herbal salves, massage oils, room mists, and bath salts. These aromatherapy blends are wonderful not only because they smell great, they also offer you affordable all natural products that work well for the bath, body, face and home.
Below is a list of AskMara Aromatherapy Products currently being offered.
- Aroma Room Sprays or Room Mists including Lavender Fields, Thieves Oil Blend, Pick Me Up, Stress Free Day and Uplifting.
- Natural Body Lotions, Creams and Moisturizers including Bergamot Beeswax Lotion, Lavender, Mango, D-Stress, Rose, Whipped Body Butter, Jasmine Cream.
- Herbal Salves and Herbal Healing Salves including Tea Tree Salve, All Purpose, Chest Rub, Joint Salve, and Sports Salve.
- Natural Skin Care Products including Facial Cleansers, Facial Toners, Facial Moisturizers, Eye Cream, Cleansing Grains and Clay Masks.
- Essential Oils a complete line of 100% pure essential oils and essential oil blends by Nature’s Sunshine Products.
- Bath Salts including Ache Away, Floral and Relax.
- Massage Oils including Recover, Restless, Relax, and Relief.
- Roll-ons including Chill Out, Headache, FML Blend, and many more!
Precautions: You should not use essential oils internally, it is best to keep essential oils out of the reach of children, and avoid essential oils if you are pregnant. Use caution with high blood pressure and if someone has a serious health condition, they should always consult their doctor.